Salary: £45k-£55k DOE
Finance Manager Job Purpose:
Responsible for managing the day to day finances of the Company, producing financial reports, managing the accounting assistant, maintaining the company books and reporting to the CFO.
Finance Manager Job Duties:
- Manage the Company’s accounts;
- In conjunction with the Company’s accountant, ensure that daily, weekly and monthly transactions and journals are processed on a timely basis;
- In conjunction with the CFO, design appropriate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for all aspects of the Company’s finance, accounting and payroll;
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly financial, sales and spend reports, against budget as necessary, for review by the CFO;
- Work with the CFO and finance team to develop the monthly reporting finance pack to meet the demands of the Board and PE investor;
- Ensure the chart of accounts is fit for purpose and maintained regularly;
- Identify and implement efficiencies in the financial cycle;
- Ensure all appropriate account reconciliations are prepared on a timely basis;
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company;
- Present financial reports to the CFO and other directors as appropriate;
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes;
- Liaise with other members of the management team where appropriate to ensure relevant reports are up to date, invoices created on a timely basis etc;
- Ensure accounts receivable are monitored and managed to within targets set by the CFO;
- Ensure accounts payable are maintained, and payments agreed with the CFO;
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company;
- In conjunction with the CFO and finance team, ensure compliance with relevant accounting and tax legislation;
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
Finance Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA or ACA or equivalent);
- Degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field;
- Several years of experience in a finance role including previous experience in management accounts (forecasting/variance analysis/performance reporting etc)
- Superior mathematical skills;
- Employee management experience;
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Highly analytical skills and critical thinking;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with complex information and present in a clear format;
- Motivated with the confidence to challenge where numbers don't look right;
- Experience with Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Experience with financial packages, ideally including Xero and Quick Books.
We are seeking to recruit urgently, if you are interested in joining our team, send your CV to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
No agencies, please.